Websites for local jobs:
- joblink.alabama.gov – click on “Find a Job” / “Quick Job Search” – enter location and put in mileage radius
- indeed.com – This is the world’s #1 job search website – put in location and any key words relative to job specifics
- Alabama Industrial Development Training – Alabama’s training and pre-employment job training program – aidt.edu – click on job seekers
- Dothan Eagle – dothaneagle.com - -click on Jobs
Local Employment Service Agency/Companies:
- Dothan Career Center – 334-792-2121– joblink.alabama.gov
- Personnel Resources – 334-794-8722 – partnerwithexperts.com
Workforce Development Services/Courses:
- Wallace Community College’s Center for Economic and Workforce Development– GED/computer skills/soft skills/technical skills/continuing adult education/Ready to Work – 334-983-3521- http://wallace.edu/community_services.aspx services/workforce development
- Alfred Saliba Family Services Center – Community Career Development/Small business assistance/Camp Hire – 334-712-1542 salibacenter.org
New and On-going Training Opportunities:
- Agriculture and diesel technicians – Wallace Community College is scheduled to begin a 1 year program in May 201Employment opportunities at local tractor dealerships and trucking companies. Costs will be associated.
- Sheet metal workers – Wallace Community College is scheduled to begin a program to train sheet metal workers. Classes set to begin in 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year. Costs will be associated.
- Machining program – AIDT set to begin 3 or 4 month training program in April 201Employment opportunities at local machine shops. No costs for selected participants.
- CJet Academy – on going training for jobs at Commercial Jet – apply at aidt.edu; next class set to begin April 8 and classes every 8 weeks till end of 2016; Please note that soft skills and some industrial related technical skills are necessary. No costs for selected participants.